- “Employment Patterns and Determinants Among Older Individuals with a History of Short-Duration Jobs,” with Kevin E. Cahill and Joseph F. Quinn, (2009) U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Working Paper No. 440.
- “How Does Occupational Status Impact Bridge Job Prevalence?” with Kevin E. Cahill and Joseph F. Quinn, (2011) U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Working Paper No. 447.
- “Self Employment Among Older American Workers”, (with Kevin E. Cahill and Joseph F. Quinn). BLS Working Paper No. 418, 2008.
- “An Update on Bridge Jobs: The HRS War Babies”, (with Kevin E. Cahill and Joseph F. Quinn). BLS Working Paper No. 407, 2008.
- “A Micro-level Analysis of Recent Increases in Labor Force Participation among Older Workers”, (with Kevin E. Cahill and Joseph F. Quinn). BLS Working Paper No. 400, 2006.
- “Industry Competition and Total Factor Productivity Growth”, BLS Working Paper No. 399, 2006.
- “Are Traditional Retirements a Thing of the Past? New Evidence on Retirement Patterns and Bridge Jobs”, (with Kevin E. Cahill and Joseph F. Quinn). BLS Working Paper No. 384, 2005.
- Publications by Michael Giandrea
- “Statipedia: a platform for collaboration across statistical agencies” (2009 presentation, with Jim Buszuwski)
- “Statipedia: a platform for collaboration across statistical agencies” (2010 conference paper with Jim Buszuwski)
- “Network of Tinkerers: A Model of Open-Source Technology Innovation”, BLS Working Paper No. 413, November 2007.
- “Workplace Organization and Innovation”, (with Cindy Zoghi and Robert Mohr) BLS Working Paper No. 405, May 2007.
- “Proposed Category System for 1960-2000 Census Occupations”, (with Anastasiya Osborne) BLS Working Paper No. 383, September 2005.
- “Turbulence, Inequality, and Cheap Steel”, BLS Working Paper No. 375, February 2005.
- “Episodes of Collective Invention”, BLS Working Paper No. 368, August 2003.
- Publications by Peter Benjamin Meyer
- “What Effect do Macroeconomic Conditions Have on Families’ Time Together?”, (with Melinda Sandler Morrill). Presented at the Society of Labor Economist Meetings, May 2012.
- “The Effect of Child Gender on Parents’ Labor Supply: Responses among Natives, Immigrants, and Racial and Ethnic Subgroups”, (with Jennifer Ward-Batts). Presented at the 8th IZA Annual Migration Meeting, 2011.
- “ Which Job Skills Are Complementary to IT Adoption and Use?”, (with Cindy Zoghi). Presented at the Management and Economics of ICT Conference Munich, 2012.
- “Time Allocation of Parents and Investments in Sons and Daughters”, (with Shelly Lundberg and Jennifer Ward-Batts). Presented at the Workshop on Gender and the Labor Market at ZEW, March 2008.
- “Working at Home: An Analysis of Telecommuting in Canada”, Presented at the Southern Economic Association Meetings, 2005.
- “Investigation of the Volatility of Quarterly Nonfarm Unincorporated Self-Employed Hours in the CPS”, (with Shawn Sprague). Unpublished manuscript, 2004.
- “Youth Earnings and Parental Allowances”, Presented at the Western Economic Association Meetings, 2002.
- “The Effects of Federal and State Minimum Wage Laws Upon Youth Employment”, Presented at the Society of Labor Economist Meetings, 2002.
- Publications by Sabrina Wulff Pabilonia
- “Reconciling Differences Between BEA and BLS Industry Output Measures.”, Unpublished working paper. April 2008.
- Publications by Susan Powers
- “Tobit or Not Tobit?”, BLS Working Paper No. 432, November 2009.
- “Recent Trends in Job Stability and Job Security”, BLS Working Paper No. 356, 2002.
- “A Report on the Feasibility of Conducting a Time-Use Survey”,(with Michael Horrigan, Diane Herz, Ed Robison, and Linda Stinson). Report submitted to the National Academy of Sciences, May 1999.
- “Has Job Mobility Increased? Evidence from the Current Population Survey: 1975-1995”, BLS Working Paper No. 308, February 1998.
- “Do Older Workers Respond to Changes in Social Security? A Look at the Time Series Evidence”, BLS Working Paper No. 272, December 1995.
- Publications by Jay Stewart
- “Why Are Jobs Designed the Way They Are?”, (with Mike Gibbs and Alec Levenson). BLS Working Paper No. 382, June 2005.
- “The Distribution of Decision Rights in the Workplace: Evidence from Canadian, Australian and UK Data”, BLS Working Paper No. 363, December 2002. (renamed “The Decentralization of Decision-Making and Employee Involvement within the Workplace: Evidence from British, Australian and Canadian Establishments”,)
- “Measuring Labor Composition: A Comparison of Alternate Methodologies” June 2007.
- “Changes to the BLS Labor Composition Index”, Unpublished manuscript, June 2006.
- “Sectoral Wage Differentials and Job Requirements”, (with Alec Levenson). Unpublished manuscript, April 2007.
- “The Strength of Occupation Indicators as a Proxy for Skill”, (with Alec Levenson). BLS Working Paper No. 404, December 2006.
- “Job Characteristics and Labor Market Discrimination in Promotions: New Theory and Empirical Evidence”, (with Jed DeVaro and Suman Ghosh). Cornell University ILR Working Paper, August 2007.
- Publications by Cindy Zoghi
Other Productivity Research